- 2 eggs
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) maple syrup
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 125 mL (½ cup) vegetable oil
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 250 mL (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 190 mL (¾ cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsalted walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350 °F) and grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and oil together. Stir in mashed bananas and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the toasted walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Get the kids involved and challenge them! Ask them to crack eggs and measure and stir ingredients together.
- Walnuts can be substituted with your favourite nuts or seeds. Try adding unsweetened shredded coconut for a change.
- Try a 50/50 mix of all-purpose and whole wheat flour for an added fibre boost.