- 125 mL (½ cup) whole grain couscous
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 mL (½ tsp) dried thyme or Italian herb seasoning
- 175 mL (¾ cup) lower sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 60 mL (¼ cup) each grated carrot and zucchini or diced bell pepper
- 3 hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 125 mL (½ cup) quartered grape tomatoes
- 60 mL (¼ cup) crumbled light feta cheese
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) fresh ground pepper
- 4 small whole grain flour tortillas
- Place couscous in a bowl with garlic and thyme. Bring broth to a boil and pour over couscous. Stir in carrot and zucchini; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mash eggs with a fork and stir in yogurt, tomatoes, feta, basil and pepper. Add couscous mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide among the tortillas and roll up to enjoy.
Watch the video
- Out of broth? No worries. Use water instead. This will also help cut down on sodium.
- Make wraps the night before and store in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge and grab one as you head out the door.
- Switch up your cheese. Try goat cheese or ricotta instead of the feta for a flavour twist.
- For perfect eggs, cover with water in a pot and bring to boil. Remove from heat, let stand covered for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain then chill under cold water. Can store unshelled in fridge up to 1 week.