- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) frozen mixed berries
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 1 package (300 g/10.5 oz) soft tofu
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) honey
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 sheet (225 g/8 oz) puff pastry, thawed
- 125 mL (½ cup) unsalted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix berries and cornstarch together. Set aside.
- Drain excess liquid from the tofu. In a separate bowl, mash until smooth and stir in honey and vanilla extract.
- Roll out the puff pastry into roughly a 23x30 cm (9x12 inch) rectangle. Place onto the baking sheet. Spread tofu on top, making sure to leave a 2.5 cm (1 inch) border. Spoon mixed berries onto tofu.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and fruits bubble.
- Remove from the oven and top with pumpkin seeds or your family’s favorite nuts or seeds.
- Kids can mix berries with cornstarch, mash tofu, and put the recipe together.
- Use seasonal berries. Fresh or frozen work well with the same bake time.
- Switch it up. Replace pumpkin seeds with your kid’s favourite nuts or seeds.
- Are you having people over? Turn into mini tarts to impress your guests.