- 1 package (350 g) extra firm tofu
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 2 mL (½ tsp) curry powder
- Pinch ground pepper
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 L (4 cups) fresh or frozen cut vegetables
- 190 mL (¾ cup) no salt added vegetable broth
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cornstarch
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- On a cutting board, cut tofu into cubes. Toss cubed tofu with ginger, curry and pepper in a bowl.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and brown tofu. Remove to plate. Spray skillet with cooking spray and return to medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes to start softening. Add vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, hoisin and cornstarch. Pour into skillet and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Add tofu back to skillet and stir to coat well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving, if using. Enjoy this over cooked brown rice noodles.
Watch the video
- Ask your little chefs to help pick vegetables for the stir-fry. The more involved they are, the more likely they will eat it!
- Use pre-cut vegetables as a shortcut for speedy suppers.
- Experiment with different vegetable combinations by using your favorite fresh or frozen vegetables. Try mushrooms, onions, bok choy, broccoli, and baby corn.
- Looking for another protein food choice? Use leftover cooked chicken instead of tofu for an easy substitution.