- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 20 mL (1 ½ tbsp) olive oil
- 2 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) black pepper
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh mint
- 1 cantaloupe, diced small
- 125 mL (½ cup) chopped bocconcini cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60 mL (¼ cup) thinly sliced red onion
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsalted almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsalted pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and mint.
- Add cantaloupe, bocconcini, tomatoes, and onion.
- Toss well and top with almonds and pumpkin seeds when ready to serve.
- Kids of all ages can help you with this recipe. They can measure out all ingredients, chop bocconcini cheese, and halve cherry tomatoes.
- Substitute almonds and pumpkin seeds for your favourite nuts and seeds.
- Replace fresh mint with 5 mL (1 tsp) dried mint.
- Fresh lower fat mozzarella has a similar texture and taste to bocconcini. Just dice into bite-sized pieces.