- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil, divided
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) lower sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 mL (½ tsp) paprika
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dried thyme
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 3 peaches, sliced in wedges
- ½ package (100 g/3.5 oz) halloumi cheese, sliced
- 500 mL (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) dried basil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- In a non-stick pan, add 15 mL (1 tbsp) of olive oil and toast chickpeas over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Pour into a large bowl and toss with paprika, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Pre-heat a grill pan or BBQ to medium-high heat. Grill peaches and halloumi cheese for 3 minutes to warm through, until there are grill marks.
- Dice the halloumi cheese into smaller pieces and add to the bowl with spiced chickpeas along with grilled peaches.
- Stir in tomatoes, dried basil, and lemon juice. Coat with remaining 15 mL (1 tbsp) of olive oil.
- Leftover roasted chickpeas? These make an awesome snack on their own, or as a topping in a protein and vegetable rice bowl.
- If peaches are not in season, swap for apples or pears! Ask your little chefs to help make choices.