- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil, divided
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) no salt added white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 mL (½ tsp) garlic powder
- 2 mL (½ tsp) paprika
- 2 mL (½ tsp) lemon juice (about ¼ lemon)
- 125 mL (½ cup) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with 15 mL (1 tbsp) oil until well-coated.
- Spread cauliflower on a non-stick baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until soft, turning over halfway to keep from burning. Let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend cauliflower, beans, garlic powder, paprika, lemon juice, water, remaining olive oil, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl.
- For a boost of flavour, use lower sodium vegetable broth instead of water.
- Don’t have fresh cauliflower on hand? Try using frozen ones. Thaw first and roast for 20 minutes.
- Little chefs can help measure out ingredients and add them to the blender. They will find it impressive to watch ingredients blend together.
- Chill leftover dip in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Remember, a little salt goes a long way. Taste the food before adding any salt.