Set up an assembly line of toppings and go for it! These fun and naturally sweet applewiches are a hit with all ages. They make for the perfect after-school snack, but can be served anytime.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minute
- 60 (¼ cup) natural almond or peanut butter or non-nut alternative
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced horizontally
- Optional toppings: sliced almonds, dried fruit, unsweetened shredded coconut, seeds
- In a small bowl, combine nut or non-nut butter with Greek yogurt and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- On a clean cutting board, lay the apple slices and spread about 10 mL (2 tsp) of the yogurt/nut butter mix on each. Add toppings of choice!
- What kid doesn’t like being creative? Little chefs can decorate their own applewiches with their favourite toppings.
- Substitute the apples with other fruits like pears or peaches.
- Turn this recipe into one easy to grab on the go by cutting the apples into cubes. Mix apples with all other ingredients and place in a jar or airtight container.