A fantastic grab-and-go breakfast that is easy and incredibly versatile.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 85 mL (1⁄3 cup) lower fat plain yogurt
- 85 mL (1⁄3 cup) large flake oats
- 85 mL (1⁄3 cup) lower fat milk, unsweetened fortified soy beverage or water
- 125 mL (1⁄2 cup) frozen strawberries
- 2 mL (1⁄2 tsp) cinnamon
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except strawberries). Spoon into a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating. Top with strawberries when ready to serve.
- Eat overnight oats cold or warm. If you prefer them warm, heat up in the microwave before eating.
- Stir in more milk, unsweetened fortified soy plant-based beverage or water before eating if you prefer a looser consistency.
- Switch it up! Use your favorite seasonal fruit instead of frozen strawberries. In the summer, try peaches, plums, or blueberries.
- Little chefs can help mix the ingredients.