This smoothie packs vegetables and fruits, protein and whole grain foods. Enjoy it all on its own or alongside some whole grain toast with natural nut or seed butter!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minute
- 500 mL (2 cups) loosely packed spinach or any other leafy green
- 1 ripe banana
- 500 mL (2 cups) fresh or frozen fruits (blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, mangoes or a combination thereof)
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) skim milk or unsweetened fortified plant-based beverage
- 250 mL (1 cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 20 mL (1 ½ tbsp) rolled oats or oat bran
- In a blender, place all ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Pour it into a glass and serve cold!
- Short on time in the morning? Make the smoothie the night before and store it in the refrigerator.
- Use ingredients you have in the kitchen! Here is an idea: replace oats or oat bran with chia or flax seeds.
- Ask little chefs to help you measure ingredients. They will find it impressive to watch ingredients blend together.
- Reduce food waste by blending wilting spinach or kale with a small amount of water. Freeze the mixture into ice cube trays and add some when preparing a smoothie.