These parfaits with homemade maple granola are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! While this delicious recipe makes 10 servings, there's no need to eat it all at once. Simply make the granola ahead of time, and store in an airtight jar. When you're craving a quick snack, serve with Greek yogurt and berries.
- 250 mL (1 cup) steel cut oats
- 250 mL (1 cup) large flake oats
- 165 mL (⅔ cup) slivered almonds
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) wheat germ
- 60 mL (¼ cup) flaxseed meal
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) pure maple syrup
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) vanilla
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 L (4 cups) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 750 mL (3 cups) fresh or frozen berries, such as raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- On a large baking sheet, spread steel-cut oats, large flake oats, almonds, wheat germ and flaxseed meal in single layer. Bake in preheated oven, stirring a couple of times, for about 15 minutes or until light golden. Scrape into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, vanilla and oil. Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Spread mixture onto baking sheet and return to oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring at least twice. Let cool completely.
- When ready to serve, divide half the granola among 10 small glasses or parfait dishes. Divide yogurt among glasses and sprinkle with some fruit. Top with remaining granola and fruit and enjoy. Alternatively, cover and refrigerate for up to a day.
- Transform the granola into a trail mix by adding cashews and dried fruits such as raisins and apricots.
- Little chefs can help measure ingredients and assemble the parfaits layer by layer. They can also choose other fruits than berries such as chopped peaches or plums.