- 30 mL (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 625 mL (2 ½ cups) cooked flaky white fish (like cod)
- 125 mL (½ cup) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- ½ head of lettuce, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dried cilantro
- 8 small whole grain corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, corn, Pico de Gallo or salsa, lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil, lemon juice, and cumin.
- Add cooked fish, flaking it apart and coating it in the dressing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk Greek yogurt, 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder. Stir in lettuce and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over tortillas with lettuce slaw and toppings of choice!
- Little chefs will love assembling their tacos. Ask them to help you brainstorm topping ideas.
- For extra toppings, sprinkle 15 mL (1 tbsp) of grated lower fat mozzarella on top of your tacos.
- No tortillas? No problem. Use lettuce or cabbage wraps or make a bowl by adding the mixture on top of brown rice or quinoa.
- If you don’t have white fish, try using tuna.
- Remember, a little salt goes a long way. Taste the food before adding any salt.