Who said fish tacos needed to be complicated? These delicious tacos are easy to prepare and really fun to eat! Cabbage also works well to replace lettuce if you prefer.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 625 mL (2 ½ cups) cooked flaky white fish (like cod)
- 125 mL (½ cup) 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- ½ head of lettuce, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dried cilantro
- 8 small whole grain corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, corn, pico de gallo or salsa, lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil, lemon juice, and cumin.
- Add cooked fish, flaking it apart and coating it in the dressing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk Greek yogurt, 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder. Stir in lettuce and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over tortillas with lettuce slaw and toppings of choice!
- Little chefs will love assembling their tacos. Ask them to help you brainstorm topping ideas.
- If you don’t have white fish, try using tuna.
- For extra toppings, sprinkle 15 mL (1 tbsp) of grated low fat mozzarella on top of your tacos.
- No tortillas? No problem. Try using lettuce or cabbage wraps or making a bowl by adding the mixture on top of brown rice or quinoa.
- Remember, a little salt goes a long way. Taste the food before adding any salt.