These lentil nuggets make the perfect finger food for dipping into a dip like tzatziki, and make a great addition to any meal or snack!
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 15 - 17 minutes (assuming 3 batches)
Servings: 4 (makes 12 nuggets)
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 60 mL (¼ cup) rolled oats
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 10 mL (2 tsp) dried basil
- 10 mL (2 tsp) cumin
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, place all ingredients (except for olive oil) and blend until smooth.
- Form mini patties with your hands by rolling about 15 mL (1 tbsp) of the mixture and then molding into the shape of little disks (or any other shape you like). Place patties on a plate.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Gently transfer the nuggets to the skillet and pan-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and allow to cool.
- Serve alongside your favourite sauce and veggies. Enjoy!
- If the mixture is too moist, add extra oats (about 2 tbsp at a time). If the mixture is too sticky, use an ice cream scoop instead of your hands.
- This is a fun recipe to make with kids. Little chefs will like forming the mini patties.
- Add these nuggets in your favorite salad by cutting them into smaller pieces! You can also try serving these nuggets with oven fries.
- Want an added kick? Try adding paprika or cayenne pepper powder at step 1.