This simple recipe is great to pack in your lunch for school or work. Use canned tuna from your cupboard and get these wraps ready in no time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: no cooking needed
- 1 can light flaked tuna in water (120 g drained weight), drained
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 5 mL (1 tsp) yellow mustard
- 5 mL (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) green pepper, finely chopped
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) black pepper
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, combine tuna, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon.
- Add celery, green pepper and black pepper to the tuna mixture and mix until well distributed.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla.
- Scoop half of the tuna mixture onto each wrap and roll up.
- Spice up your tuna salad by adding 2.5 mL (½ tsp) of curry powder.
- No wraps? No problem. Use whole grain bread to make a sandwich or serve with whole grain crackers.
- Little chefs can make this recipe for their lunch by helping to mix the ingredients and scooping the tuna salad into the wraps.
- Pack your lunch box with this tuna salad wrap, plain lower fat yogurt topped with berries, and a leafy green salad.
- Canned tuna is a great item to keep in your pantry. This protein food has a long shelf life and can be used in a variety of different recipes.