These crunchy fruit and nut bars are quick to make on the weekend. Enjoy on busy weekdays!
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 L (4 cups) wheat, rice, or Kamut puffs
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) chia seeds
- 60 mL (¼ cup) unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) natural peanut or almond butter or non-nut alternative
- 85 mL (⅓ cup) honey
- Line a 20x20 cm (8x8 inch) square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together puffs, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and cacao nibs.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and honey. Microwave in 20-second intervals stirring in between each interval until mixture is smooth and pourable.
- Pour the warm peanut butter mixture over the puff mixture and mix well.
- Press mixture into the pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 portions.
- Little chefs can help measure and mix ingredients, and pour into the pan.
- Prepare a school safe, allergen-free snack. Try using non-nut butter instead of peanut butter, such as sunflower seed butter.
- Get creative! Mix and match combinations of dried fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.