- 85 mL (⅓ cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) light mayonnaise
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) of ground black pepper
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) chopped cooked turkey breast meat (about 227 g /8 oz)
- 125 mL (½ cup) diced red or green bell pepper
- 60 mL (¼ cup) grated carrot
- 2 whole grain pita pockets
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- Quarter of a large cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Stir in turkey, red pepper and carrot until coated well.
- Cut pitas in half and open pockets. Tuck lettuce and cucumber slices into each half and spoon in turkey mixture.
- Little chefs can help prepare their own lunch. They can stir ingredients together and stuff the mixture into pita pockets. Older kids can help dice bell peppers and grate the carrot.
- This recipe is great for using up turkey leftovers. Or, simply cook an extra boneless skinless turkey breast. You can also substitute in leftover cooked chicken.
- Switch up the green colour palette by using baby kale, shredded cabbage or shredded beets instead of lettuce.