- 75 mL (⅓ cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) light mayonnaise
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) fresh ground black pepper
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) chopped cooked turkey breast meat (about 227 g /8 oz)
- 125 mL (½ cup) diced red or green bell pepper
- 60 mL (¼ cup) grated carrot
- 2 whole grain pita pockets
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- Quarter of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Stir in turkey, red pepper and carrot until coated well.
- Cut pitas in half and open pockets. Tuck lettuce and cucumber slices into each half and spoon in turkey mixture.
- This recipe is great for using up turkey leftovers. Or, simply cook an extra boneless skinless turkey breast for dinner and save the leftovers. You can also sub in leftover cooked chicken.
- Ask your little chefs to help. They can stir the ingredients together and stuff the filling into the pita pockets.
- Switch up the lettuce colour palette with baby kale, shredded cabbage or shredded beets.