- 4 eggs
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely grated carrot
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely grated potato
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) finely grated onion
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) whole wheat flour
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking powder
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in carrot, potato, onion, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spray griddle or non-stick skillet lightly with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Using 125 mL (1/2 cup) measuring cup, pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook for about 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Flip over and cook for another minute or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- This is a fun recipe to make with kids. Little chefs can help mix up the pancake batter. Older kids can help cook the pancakes.
- Get creative with this recipe and swap out the grated carrot for grated zucchini instead. Squeeze out the water with your hands before adding to the egg mixture.
- Make now and enjoy later. Layer pancakes between wax or parchment paper and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Warm through in the microwave for a quick breakfast.
- For a kick of flavour, add pepper to taste and serve with low-fat sour cream or lower fat plain yogurt.
- Try using less of the ingredients that are high in added sodium, sugars or saturated fat. Adding salt or sugars directly to your recipe? Remember, a little goes a long way.