- 4 eggs
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely grated carrot
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely grated potato
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) finely grated onion
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) whole wheat flour
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking powder
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in carrot, potato, onion, flour, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spray griddle or non-stick skillet lightly with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Using 125 mL (½ cup) measuring cup, pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook for about 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Flip over and cook for another minute or until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For a kick of flavour, add pepper to taste and serve with low-fat sour cream or plain yogurt.
- This is a fun recipe to make with little chefs. They can mix up the pancake batter. Older kids can help cook the pancakes.
- Get creative. Swap out grated carrot for grated zucchini instead. Squeeze out water with your hands before adding to the egg mixture.
- Double this recipe. Layer extra pancakes between wax or parchment paper, and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Warm through in the microwave when ready to eat.