- 2 large cucumbers, cut into 1.5 cm/2 inch rounds
- 20 mL (1 ½ tbsp) lower sodium soy sauce
- 15 mL (1 tsp) rice vinegar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) garlic powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sesame seeds
- 2 sheets seaweed nori sheets, crushed
- Smash cucumbers using a rolling pin until they form bite-sized pieces. Place pieces in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Cover and shake vigorously. Place in the fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and drain liquid. Top with sesame seeds and nori sheets.
- Pair with Tempeh nuggets, Chicken and bean quesadillas, or Beef and bean burger.
- Let little chefs have fun in the kitchen by smashing cucumbers using a rolling pin.
- Did you know? Smashing cucumbers develops even more flavour, making this salad extra tasty!
- Remember, a little salt goes a long way. Taste the food before adding any salt.